Here’s your chance to enjoy the amazing summer weather of the Pacific Northwest in Spokane’s beautiful Riverfront Park. Come spend a half hour in the fresh air, and let’s show Spokane what science fiction and fantasy are all about! Each Procession will have a theme, as described below. You are encouraged (though not required) to dress for the theme.
All Processions will start from and end at the statue near the breezeway between the convention center and the INB. The First Night and Last Night Processions are for all ages. The rest are for adults and free range kids. Younger kids with parents or guardians are welcome.
- Afternoon (4:00 p.m.) – The First Night Procession. Immediately after the Opening Ceremonies, join the con staff and your friends as we discover the park: food, games, culture, people, and beautiful scenic views.
Before the Procession, the Children’s Program will have a special workshop where kids can make capes, crowns, and other costumes to wear on their trip through the park. Let’s see them get creative!
- Morning (10:10 a.m.) – The Doctor Who Procession. 13 Doctors. 50 Companions. Millions of Daleks. 8 Masters. And 2 robot dogs. That’s a complex universe! Following the Doctor Who fan film (CC 205, 9:30 – 9:59 a.m.), come for a walk as your favorite Doctor, Companion, Ally, or Adversary from over 50 years of Time Lords!
- Afternoon (2:00 p.m.) – The Mad Scientist Procession. Mad, am I? Or just misunderstood? From Victor Frankenstein to Agatha Heterodyne, from Steampunk to Japanese monster movies, science fiction loves its mad scientists – and their creations! Come for a walk as your favorite mad scientist or science experiment gone wrong.
- Morning (10:00 a.m.) – The Saturday Morning Cartoons/Anime Procession. Yes, this is Friday morning; but in the 21st century, every day is Saturday morning. With Netflix, Hulu, Cartoon Network, and Tivo, you can watch cartoons 24 hours a day and never run out! Come for a walk as your favorite cartoon or anime character, from superheroes to ninjas to funny animals.
- Afternoon (2:00 p.m.) – The Quest Procession.
Kings and queens. Knights and rogues. Prophecies and portents. Giants and goblins and castles and caves. And of course, dragons! Many of our favorite fantasies revolve around a quest, full of danger and mystery and romance. And treasure! Come for a walk as your favorite hero, monster, or mysterious traveler from your favorite quest.
- Morning (10:00 a.m.) – The Costume Procession. Just in case you didn’t see enough great costumes at the Masquerade on Friday, we’re going to give you another chance to show off your costuming artistry – this time to all of Spokane! Come for a walk in the costume of your choice. This is a great chance to get photos of you in your costume in the natural settings of Riverfront Park!
- Afternoon (2:00 p.m.) – The Firefly Procession. Time for some thrilling heroics. The Unification War lasted 5 years. That means you dedicated Firefly fans have kept the dream alive for twice as long as the Independent Faction did, and you show no signs of giving up. So put on your Browncoat, your Jayne hat, or your best fancy dress and come for a shiny walk in the park!
- Morning (11:15 a.m.) – The Star Trek Procession. Infinite Diversity in Infinite Spinoffs! Star Trek covers it all: five TV series, an animated series, over a dozen movies, fan films, audio theater, books, comic books, games, action figures… and don’t forget tribbles! Come for a walk as your favorite Trek character or creature, and show us why your Trek is the best (Join us afterwards for the Leonard Nimoy Memorial at noon in Integra Ballroom 100B.)
- Afternoon (4:00 p.m.) – The Last Night Procession. Immediately after the Closing Ceremonies, drag your weary body out into the afternoon light and discover that yes, the real world is still there, waiting to pounce on you and bury you in mundane matters… until the next convention! Come walk with your friends and say your final farewells before returning home