To everyone planning on throwing a party at Sasquan:
Alcohol restrictions have been legally clarified, and we are replacing
previous guidelines with these (as of 2015-07-20):
- You may NOT advertise in any way that you will be serving alcohol. This includes ads in publications, party flyers at fan tables or on party boards, or other postings at the Convention Center or hotels.
- You must check photo ID for legal age (21 years old) — your party's bartender is legally responsible. You must be at least 21 years old to serve alcohol. (Convention badges in no way verify an attendee's age.)
- Last Call is 1:30 a.m., no serving alcohol after 2 a.m.
- Alcohol may *not* be sold.
- Be discreet while bringing your party supplies into the hotel – boxes should be closed, alcohol bottles should be invisible , and don't discuss party plans with bellmen or other hotel employees.
A permit is not required to serve alcohol in a suite or private room. If you purchased a permit as directed under the previous guidelines, convention Treasurer Bruce Farr will be happy to reimburse you. You can reach him through the convention email address email@example.com by sending an email with your receipt attached, or at the convention through the convention office. Please bring your receipt with you.