Artist & Author Alley
An “Artist & Author Alley”, comprised of a number of 8′ x 30″ tables between the Art Show and Dealer’s Room areas, will be available for use by attending authors and artists on a per-shift basis.
Each table has two chairs, and may have a piece of pegboard for a sign or display of artwork.
Time slots are available for:
- Thursday, August 20
- Friday, August 21
- Saturday, August 22
There will be two shifts of 3 ¾ hours each on Thursday and Friday, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. and from 2:15 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Due to multiple artists’ requests, there will be a single artist alley shift on Saturday from 10:00 a.m.`to 1:45 p.m.
Artists with at least one panel or one half-table in the Art Show may get one table for one shift in the Artist & Author Alley at no charge.
Authors and other artists will be charged $25 per shift, per table.
Authors wishing to share a table may each rent a half-table for $15 per shift.
These slots are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis for the first time slot. Each artist may request one or two time slots.
Tables for all the artist’s first time slots will be given first; any time slots left over will be given second, again on a first-come, first-served basis.
To sign up for a slot, contact the Artist Alley.
- Artists may sell their work from these tables, demonstrate their techniques, show their portfolios, arrange commissions, or just talk to convention members.
- If you want to do active art other than sketching, painting, or sculpture, please ask us first.
- No commission is charged on sales made at Artist & Author Alley tables.
- Artists are responsible for collecting and remitting their own sales tax to the state of Washington for all at-table sales.
- Information on sales will need to be given to the state just as with the Dealers’ Room sales.